- 2 halves of roast ham hock
- 1 head+ 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 sweet potatoes (aprox. 400g)
- 200ml of milk
- 1 tablespoon of agave syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons of chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoon of chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons of chopped red pepper
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped coriander or parsley
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the garlic puree:
1. Cut the surface of the head of garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt, add thyme sprigs and wrap in tin foil.
2. Cook in an oven at 150 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted easily.
3. Remove from the oven and let it cool down for a few minutes. Remove the tin foil and mash it to obtain the garlic paste, set aside.
For the sweet potato puree:
4. Boil the sweet potatoes until they are tender.
5. Make a mash by mixing the sweet potatoes with the garlic puree, milk, honey, salt and pepper.
6. Cut the garlic cloves into fine slices and cook until golden in a lightly oiled frying pan.
For the “criolla” sauce:
7. In a dish, mix the onion, peppers and coriander. Add the vinegar and cover with oil; mix well.
8. Heat the ham hock
9. Serve the ham hock accompanied by the sweet potato and garlic puree. Garnish with the garlic chips and “criolla” sauce.
In the microwave: 3 MINS.
In the oven: 15 MINS.
Our meats are roasted and ready to eat. If you wish, you can enjoy them with your favourite garnish or prepare delicious recipes like the one shown above.